Staff Individual List
First Name: Assefa Kebede Tsegay (Dr.)
Academic Rank: Associate Professor
College/Institute: College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
Department/Team: School of Veterinary Medicine
Field of Specialization: Veterinary Parasitologist
Research Interest: Sterile Insect Technique, Veterinary Entomology, Trypanosomiasis and Zoonotic Parasitic diseases, Fish, Chicken and pet parasites
List of Publications:
- Zelalem A., Yisehak K., Assefa K. and Abdu M. (2014): Comparison of the In vitro inhibitory effects of doses of tannin rich plant extracts and ivermectin on egg hatchability, larvae development and adult mortality of Haemonchus contortus, Jounnal of Acta Parasitologica Globalis, 5 (3): 160-168.
- Assefa K., Mamo G., Goshu G. and Regassa F. (2014): A Retrospective Study on Calf Mortality in Wolaita Soddo Jersey Cattle Breeding and Multiplication Center, Wolaita Soddo, Southern Ethiopia. Journal of Biology, Agriculture and Healthcare, 4(25): 63-67.
- Taye Dinku Regasa, Assefa Kebede Tsegay and Hika Waktole (2015). Prevalence of major ectoparasites of calves and associated risk factors in and around Bishoftu town African Journal of Agricultural Research , 10 (10: 1127-1135, DOI: 10.5897/AJAR2014.9380, ISSN: 1991-637X
- Assefa Kebede and Eshetu Shumi (2015): Case report on cattle pediculosis out break in Jimma University on cattle kept for practical demonstration and the control measures taken on time. Journal of biology, Agriculture and Healthcare, Journal of Biology, Agriculture and Healthcare, 5(7): 115-123.
- Teferi Regasa, Melese Bedada, Meseret Workine, Meseret Beyera, Shibru Terefe and Assefa Kebede (2015): Study on Spatial Distribution of Tsetse Fly and Prevalence of Bovine Trypanosomosis and Other Risk Factors: Case Study in Bedele Woreda, Ilu Aba Bora Zone, South Western Ethiopia, Acta Parasitologica Globalis, 6 (3): 174-181.
- Abdulkadir Abdulatif, Assefa Kebede Tsegay and Bedaso Mammo (2015): Prevalence, Cyst Distribution in Visceral Organs and Economic Loss of Cysticercus tenuicollis in Small Ruminants Slaughtered at Bishoftu, Elfora Export Abattoir, American-Eurasian Journal of Scientific Research, 10 (4): 210-220.
- Assefa Kebede, Hagos Ashenafi and Terzu Daya (2015): A Review on Sterile Insect Technique (SIT) and its Potential towards Tsetse Eradication in Ethiopia, Journal of Advances in Life Science and Technology, 37:24-44. ISSN 2224-7181 (Paper) ISSN 2225-062X (Online).
- Fedesa Habte, Assefa Kebede and Tekalegn Desta (2015): Study on Spatial Distribution of Tsetse Fly and Prevalence of Bovine Trypanosomosis and other Risk Factors: Case Study in Darimu District, Ilu Aba Bora Zone, Western Ethiopia, Journal of Pharmacy and Alternative Medicine, Vol.7
- Tahir Edo and Assefa Kebede Tsegay (2015): Prevalence of Small Ruminants Hydatidosis and Its Economic Impact at Asella Municipal Abattoir, Journal of Food Science and Quality Management, 45: 100-108. ISSN 2224-6088 (Paper) ISSN 2225-0557 (Online).
- Hunde Aboma, Assefa Kebede and Mukarim Abdurahaman (2017): Further studies on Bovine Ixodide Ticks in and around Bedelle, Southwest Ethiopia, African Journal of Agricultural Research,12(22):1922-1929.DOI: 10.5897/AJAR2016.11380
- Assefa Kebede Tsegay, Belay Abebe, Faruka Amano and Abera Gemeda (2017): Study on Prevalence of Major Tick and Tick Borne Hemoparasites of Dogs Visiting Jimma University Veterinary Open Air Clinic
- Danboba Tengase, Assefa Kebede and Etsegenet Taqaba (2016): Comparison on Sensitivity of Coprological and Post Mortem Examination in Diagnosis of Bovine Fasciolosis: Prevalence of the Disease in Bedele Municipal Abattoir. African Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences 8 (1): 63-72, 2016. DOI: 10.5829/idosi.ajbas.2016.8.1.23412
- Geneti Daksa, Merga Abdisa, Jimma Desalegn, Fenta Negasa, Indalema and Assefa Kebede Tsegay (2016): Abattoir Survey on Prevalence of Bovine Fasciolosis in Guduru and Abay Chomaan Districts. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 12 (2): 111-118. DOI: 10.5829/idosi.wjas.2016.12.2.23556
- Aliy Beshir and Assefa Kebede Tsegay (2017): Cross Sectional Study of Ovine Lungworm in Guna District, Arsi Zone, South East Ethiopia. European Journal of Biological Sciences, 9 (1): 09-17. DOI: 10.5829/idosi.ejbs.2017.09.17
- Assefa Kebede, Belay Abebe and Tolosa Zewdie (2017): Study on Prevalence of Ecto-parasites of Poultry in and Around Jimma Town. European Journal of Biological Sciences, 9 (1): 18-26. DOI: 10.5829/idosi.ejbs.2017.18.2
- Endale Teshome, Assefa Kebede, Nejash Abdela and Wahid M. Ahmed (2016): Ovarian Cyst and its Economic Impact in Dairy Farms: A Review Global Veterinaria, 16 (5): 461-471. DOI: 10.5829/idosi.gv.2016.16.05.103118
Ongoing Research Works
- Assefa Kebede, Hagos Ashenafi and Terzu Daya: Assessment of Survival and Reproductive Performance of Glossina pallidipes Maintained Under Blood of Different Animals at Kality Tsetse Rearing and Irradiation Center
- Bikila Abebe, Getachew Terefe and Assefa Kebede (2017): Prevalence of Bovine Mastitis and Its Predisposing Factors in Selected Dairy Farms in And Around Holeta Town
- Kamphe Tadi, Kedir Mustefa, Jibril Abubeker, Jibril Kedir, Jilo Nura and Assefa Kebede (2017): Study on Prevalnces of Indigestible Foreign Bodies in Rumen and Reticulum of Cattle Slaughtered at Jimma Municipal Abattoir, Western Ethiopia
- Hailekiros Gebreegziabher Gebremedhn, Hailu Degefu and Assefa Kebede (2017): Prevalence of internal parasitic helminths of Oreochromis Niloticus and Barbus species of fish found in Gilgel-gibe River and three selected ponds in and around Jimma town, South west Ethiopia
- Jemale Akil and Assefa Kebede (2017): Ovine hydatidosis in Jijiga
- Demsu and Assefa: Major parasitic causes of liver and lung condemnation and it financial losses in small ruminants at Elfora export abattoir, Debrezeit, Ethiopia
- Galan Abaya and Assefa Kebede. Major Reproductive Health Problems of Dairy Cattle in and Around Jimma Town, Jimma Zone, South Western Ethiopia.
- Anthelmintic effects of indigenous multipurpose fodder tree extracts against Haemonchus contortus": Ashenafi Assefa, Yisehak Kechero; Taye Tolemariam, Assefa Kebede and Eshetu Shumi
- Assefa Abdisa and Assefa Kebede: Prevalence of Cattle Coccidiosis and Associated Risk Factors in Jimma Town and Surrounding Districts
- Jimma University 8th Annual Conference
- Ethiopian Veterinary Association 30th Annual Conference
- National Symposium on “Trends and Challenges in Adoption of Science, Technology and Innovation in Local Development endeavors (STILDE)
- Haramaya University the 4th Veterinary Education forum and the 3rd International Veterinary Education Conference
- Ethiopian Veterinary Association 29th Annual Conference
- Second OHCEA International One Health Conference
- Jimma University 5th Annual Research Conference
- Ethiopian Veterinary Association 28th Annual Conference
- Ethiopian Veterinary Association 27th Annual Conference
- Assefa Kebede and Belay Abebe: Detailed Review of All Aspects of Funding of New Veterinary Clinical Practices (Granted-From Ethiopian Veterinary Association=10,000 USD)