Individual staff Profile
First Name: Mohammed Worku
Academic Rank: Assistant Professor
College/Institute: College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
Department/Team: Horticulture and Plant Sciences
Field of Specialization: Agronomy, Tropical Forestry (Agroforestry)
Research Interest: Crop Ecology and Cropping Systems, Ecosystem Services of Agroecosystems/Agroforestry systems, Stress Physiology
List of Publications:
1. M. Worku, U. Berger & A. Lindner (2014). Management Effects on Woody Species Diversity and Vegetation Structure in Coffee Based Agroforestry Systems in Ethiopia. Submitted to The European Journal of Forestry.
2. M. Worku (2013). Plantation Crops Combination Agrisilvicultural Systems in Southwest Ethiopia: Potentials and Limitations. Submitted to The Scientific World Journal.
3. M. Worku (2013). Traditional use of non timber forest products in southwest Ethiopia: its implication for sustainable forest management. Submitted to Journal of Biodiversity and Environmental Sciences.
4. M. Worku & T. Astatikie (2011). Row and Plant Spacing Effects on Yield and Yield Components of Soybean Varieties under Hot Humid Tropical Environment of Ethiopia. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Sciences 197(1): 67-74.
5. M. Worku & T. Astatikie (2010). Dry matter partitioning and physiological responses of Coffea arabica varieties to soil moisture deficit stress at the seedling stage in southwest Ethiopia. African Journal of Agricultural Research 5(15): 2066-2072.
6. M. Worku (2010). Prevalence and distribution survey of an invasive alien weed (Parthenium hysterophorus L.) in Sheka zone, Southwestern Ethiopia. African Journal of Agricultural Research 5(9): 922-927.
7. M. Worku & T. Astatikie (2010). Growth responses of arabica coffee (Coffea arabica L.) varieties to soil moisture deficit at the seedling stage at Jimma, Southwest Ethiopia. Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment 8(1): 195-200.
P. O. Box: 307, Jimma, Ethiopa
Office Tel.: +251-471110102
Cell Phone: +251-917016382
E-mail Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org