Staff Individual List
First Name: Tadesse Mosissa
Academic Rank: Lecturer
College/Institute: Jimma University, College of Agriculture and veterinary Medicine(JUCAVM)
Department/Team: Natural Resource Management
Field of Specialization: Integrated Watershed Management (Soil and water Engineering)
Research Interest: Future Challenges of Irrigation and Water Use, Estimating the frequency of hydrological events and Models in terms of likelihood extremes, Parameterization and Evaluation of the Aqua Crop Model for Full and Deficit Irrigated, Climate Change on Agro-ecological Systems Validation of the Aqua crop Model for Deficit Irrigations
- Modeling of Socio-EcoHydrological Water Balance area
- Revitalization of Small Scale Irrigation Schemes in Water Scarce Regions
- Developing a Soil Water Accounting Model area
List of Publications:
- Tadesse Mosissa, Bayu Dume, Dechassa Tegegne, Moti Yohannes, 2017. Environmental Flows Risk Assessment of Effluent Outfalls from Conventional Wet Washed Coffee Refineries in Limu Kosa District of Southwestern Ethiopia. Am. J. Environ. Protection .Vol. 5, No. 6, 2016, pp. 199-207. doi: 10.11648/j.ajep.20160506.17
- Bahilu Bezabih and Tadesse Mosissa, 2017. Review on distribution, importance, threats &consequences of wetland degradation in Ethiopia. Int. Journal of Water Resources & Environmental Engineering Vol.9 (3), pp.64-71, March 2017, DOI:10.5897/IJWREE2016.0697, http://www.academicjournals.org/IJWREE.
- Tegegn Mosissa, Abebe Ameha and Tadesse Mosissa, 2017. Assessment of the abundance of Anubis baboons (Papio anubis) & conflict with humans in Trigni Forest of Gida Ayana District, Western Ethiopia. Journal of Ecology and the Natural Environment. Vol. 9(1), pp. 1-14, January 2017, DOI: 10.5897/JENE2017.0622, http://www.academicjournals.org/JENE.
- Tadesse Mosissa and Bahilu Bezabih, 2017. Review on participatory small-scale irrigation schemes and small-scale rainwater harvesting technology development and its contribution to household food security in Ethiopia. Int. Journal of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering. Vol. 9(3), pp. 54-63, March 2017, DOI: 10.5897/IJWREE2016.0700.
- Tadesse Mosissa Ejeta and Alemayehu Haddis, 2016. Assessment of the effect of effluent discharge from coffee refineries on the quality of river water in Southwestern Ethiopia. Afr. J. Environ. Sci. Technol. Vol.10 (8), pp.230-241, August 2016, doi: 10.5897/AJEST2015.1886. http://www.academicjournals.org/AJEST.
- Dechassa Tegegne, Mukarim Abdurahaman, Tadesse Mosissa, Moti Yohannes, 2016. Anti-Toxoplasma antibodies prevalence & associated risk factors among HIV patients. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical
- Medicine 2016; 9(5):460–464, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apjtm. 2016.03.034
- Bayu Dume, Tadesse Mosissa, Amsalu Nebiyu, 2015. Effect of biochar on soil properties & lead (Pb) availability in a military camp in South West Ethiopia. Afr. J. Environ. Sci. Technol. Vol. 10(3), pp. 77-85, March 2016. http://www.academicjournals.org/AJEST
- Bahilu Bezabih, Abebayehu Aticho, Tadesse Mossisa, and Bayu Dume, 2016. The effect of land management practices on soil physical and chemical properties in Gojeb Sub-river Basin of Dedo District, Southwest Ethiopia. Journal of Soil Science and Environmental Management Vol. 7(10), pp. 154-165 October 2016, DOI: 10.5897/JSSEM2016.0574, http://www.academicjournals.org/JSSEM.
Conference Papers (Abstracts and Poster)
- Tadesse Mosissa and Alemayehu Haddis (2013). Assessment of the Effect of Effluent Discharge from Coffee Processing Plants on River Water Quality in South Western Ethiopia, Fourth Annual Research Symposium proceeding of Jimma University on February 7-8, 2013.
- Tadesse Mosissa and Alemayehu Haddis (2013). 4th Symposium on Biodiversity and Nature Conservation Aquatic Biodiversity, Arba Minch University (Ethiopia), 2013 May 22-23.
- Tadesse Mosissa and Alemayehu Haddis (2013). Assessment of the Effect of Effluent Discharge from Coffee Refineries on River Water Quality in South Western Ethiopia, Fourth Annual Research Symposium proceeding, School of Bio-systems and Environmental Engineering, Institute of Technology, Hawassa University, June 27-28, 2013.
Teaching Materials Preparation
- Soil and Water Conservation
- Principles of Irrigation and Water Harvesting Technology
- P. O. Box: 307
- Office Tel.:
- Cell Phone: +251-0917-082424
- Fax: +251-047-111-0934
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- skype: tmosissaejeta