Staff Individual List
- First Name: Dereje Bekele Jiru
- Academic Rank: Lecturer
- College/Institute: College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
- Department/Team: Department of Natural Resources Management
- Current Position:- Dean, College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
- Field of Specialization: Forestry/Production Forestry
Research Interest: Participatory Natural Resource and conflict Management, Social forestry/Agroforestry, Ecotourism, Links between Rural Livelihood and Forest Resources
List of Publications:
- Thakdeal Kuet Lim1 , Debela Hunde Feyyisa2 and Dereje Bekele Jiru. 2016. Management and Utilization of Wild Nutraceutical Plants: Implications in Diversifying Food sources and Traditional Health care systems in Lare Woreda, Gambella Regional State, Southwest Ethiopia. Ethiop.J.Appl.Sci. Technol. Vol.7 (1): 1-17.
- Dereje Bekele Jiru, John F. Kessy and Abdu Abdulkadir, 2011. CollaborativeForest Management in Belete-Gera National Forest Priority Area, Ethiopia: Prospects and Challenges, MSc Thesis, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.
- Dereje Bekele Jiru, Jemal Abafita, Kefelegn Getahun, Abrham Bantirgu, Ayalew Talema and Kitessa Hundera, 2010. Assessment of Biophysical Resource Management in selected Villages of Gilgel Gibe Catchment, Southwestern Ethiopia, In: Proceedings of National workshop on Challenges and Prospects of Integrated Watershed Management on People’s Livelihood and Sustainability of Dams in Ethiopia (Jan 4-5, 2010,Jimma University, College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine).