- Quality in Analytical Laboratories
1. Analytical method development and optimization:
- Gas chromatography
- High performance liquid chromatography
- Solid phase microextraction and other extraction techniques
2. Drug quality assessment
3. Residue analysis (Drugs and Pesticides) in food and environmental sample
4. Evaluation of bioactivity of natural products.
Professional and administrative profile
- Bachelor in pharmacy (B.Pharm), Addis Ababa University, July 2004
- Assistant lecturer, School of Pharmacy, Jimma University, January 2006
- MSc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance), Addis Ababa University, July 2009.
- Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy, Jimma University, August 2009.
- Coordinator for Continuing and Distance Education, College of Public Health and Medical Sciences, December 2010 to September 2012
- MSc in Quality in Analytical Laboratories, University of Cadiz (Spain) and University of Bergen (Norway), March 2014.
- Head, Department of Pharmacy, Jimma University, Since December 2014
- Assistant professor, Department of Pharmacy, Jimma University, September 2015.
List of publications
- SileshiBelew, MestawetGetachew, Sultan Suleman, Tesfaye Mohammed, HabetewoldDeti, Matthias D'Hondt, Evelien Wynendaele, ZelekeMekonnen, JozefVercruysse, Luc Duchateau, Bart De Spiegeleer , Bruno Levecke. Assessment of Efficacy and Quality of Two Albendazole Brands Commonly Used against Soil-Transmitted Helminth Infections in School Children in Jimma Town, Ethiopia. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, September 2015, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pntd.0004057.
- Temesgen Bekele, AmeneTesfaye, TsegayeSewunet and Habtewold DetiWaktola*. Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates and their antimicrobial susceptibility pattern among catheterized patients at Jimma University Teaching Hospital, Jimma, Ethiopia. BMC Research Notes 2015, 8:488 doi:10.1186/s13104-015-1497-x.
- Svein A. Mjøs, Habtewold D. Waktola. Optimizing the relationship between chromatographic efficiency and retention times in temperature-programmed gas chromatography. J. Sep. Sci. 2015, 38, 3014–3027.
- Sultan Suleman, GemechuZeleke, Habtewold Deti, ZelekeMekonnen, Luc Duchateau, Bruno Levecke, JozefVercruysse, Matthias D’Hondt, Evelien Wynendaele, Bart De Spiegeleer. Quality of medicines commonly used in the treatment of soil transmitted helminthes (STH) and giardia in Ethiopia: a nationwide survey. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, 2014. 8 (12): e3345.
- Deti H., Hymete A., Bekhit A.A., Maaboud I. Mohamed A., El-Din A. Bekhit A.; Persistent organochlorine pesticides residues in cow and goat milks collected from different regions of Ethiopia. Chemosphere, 2014. 106: p. 70-74.
- Hawaze S., Deti H., Suleman S.; Wound healing activity of the methanol extracts of Clematis species indigenous to Ethiopia. IJGP, 2013. 7(4): p. 304-308.
- Hawaze S., Deti H.*, Suleman S.; In vitro Antimicrobial Activity and Phytochemical Screening of Clematis Species Indigenous to Ethiopia. Indian J. Pharm. Sci., 2012. 74 (1): p. 29-35.