Staff Individual List
Full Name: Siyum Adugna Mamo
Academic Rank: Assistant Professor
Current Post: Dean, College of Law and Governance
College/Institute: Law and Governance
Department: Governance and Development Studies
Field of Specialization: MA in Development Studies (Conflict and Peace Studies); MA in Philosophy
- Sustainable development (post-development);
- Peace and conflict;
- Terrorism, media and politics;
- Critical agrarian studies;
- Social and political philosophy;
- Comparative and intercultural philosophy;
- Moral philosophy
List of Publications:
- Siyum Adugna (2017) When large-scale land acquisition meets local conflict – experiences from Gambela Regional State, Ethiopia, International Journal of Multirelegious and Multicultural Understanding, 4(4).
- Siyum Adugna (2017) Securitizing Development through Military Intervention? a review of the book The US Military in Africa: Enhancing Security and Development? edited by Jessica Piombo, First Forum Press, London, 2015. Africa Review of Books, 13(2).
- Siyum Adugna (2017) Framing France’s Domestic Response to the November 2015 Paris Attacks – Insights from Al Jazeera English, Global Journal of Human-Social Sciences, 17(2).
- Siyum Adugna (2017) “The Rise and Fall of Liberal Peace in Libya”, Üniversitepark Bülten/Universitepark Bulletin, 7(1).
Work in progress
- Siyum Adugna, et al. (2017) “‘Women’s Empowerment’ – a Conceptual Reconsideration”
- Siyum Adugna et. al. (2017) “Diversity in Higher Education Institutions in The Hague, Netherlands: The International Institute of Social Studies in Focus”
- Siyum Adugna (2015) “Towards a Non-Anthropocentric Environmental Philosophy”, paper presented at the 6th Annual Research Conference of Jimma University, Feb. 5-6, 2015 (Jimma, Ethiopia)
- Siyum Adugna and Sewunet, A. (2013) Teaching Social Studies in Primary Schools, Ethiopian Ministry of Education. Addis Ababa
- Siyum Adugna and Mamuye, Y. E. (2013) Moral Philosophy, Jimma Univerity, Jimma.
- Siyum Adugna and Mamuye, Y. E. (2008) Introduction to Logic, Jimma University, Jimma.
- P. O. Box: 378 (C/o Jimma University)
- Office Tel.: +251 472 115643
- Cell Phone: +2519 -85176505
- Fax: +251-471111450
- E-mail Address: • JU Mail: email@example.com or • Personal:firstname.lastname@example.org