The head of the dematment is the chief executive and is assisted by the vice.
- Name: Muhammed Hamid Muhammed
- Academic Rank: Lecturer
- Educational background and specializations:
- -MPhil in Public Administrations
- - Masters in Human Rights
- -Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and International Relations
- Research and consultancy priority area:
- - Human Rights and Advocacy
- - Gender Equality and Representation
- - Local Government and development
- -Politics, Organization and Public Administrations
- - Public Policy Analysis
- `Institutional Truest
- - International Organizations and public Diplomacy
- -Women’s Political Participation in Local Government in Ethiopia: The Case of Two Districts in Amhara Regional State.
- -Freedom of Religion and Ethiopian Muslims: Advancement and Setbacks.
- - Regional Economic Integrations in Africa: Case Study on ECOWAS.
Trainings, Workshops and seminars:
- Human Rights Research Methodology Training Seminar conducted by center for human rights at Addis Ababa university in partnership with American bar association rule of law initiative(ABARoLI).
- Model African Union Simulation Exercise of AU Peace and Security Council training.
- Introduction to Social Accountability Training Conducted in Jimma University Facilitated by Ethiopian Social Accountability Program (Phase 2).
- The Life Skill Training of Trainers Organized by Family Health International (FHI 360), University Success Program(USP) for Ethiopian Young Women Project.
- Delivering Life Skills Training for University Success Program Scholars at Jimma University.
- Training of Trainers on Corruption Prevention Strategies by Federal Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission of Ethiopia.