Dr. Leta Sera Bedada
Full Name: Leta Sera Bedada
Academic Rank: Assistant Professor
College/Institute: Business and Economics
Position, if any: Vice Dean
Qualification: PhD in Economics
Field of Specialization: Development Economics
- Determinants of Economic Development/ Growth
- Determinants of income inequaality in Developing countries
- Technology transfer and its impact on total factor productivity
- Poverty reduction strategies
- Grand theme: Buyers Information Searching Mechanism,
- Determinants of Buying Decision, and Bargaining Power in Cloth Market; Evidence from Jimma, Bedelle, Mettu and Nekemte Towns.
List of Publications:
- FACTORS AFFECTING PROFITABILITY OF INSURANCE COMPANIES IN ETHIOPIA: PANEL EVIDENCE. Mengistu Tegegn, Leta Sera & Tesfaye Melaku Merra (2020). International Journal of Commerce and Finance, Vol. 6, Issue 1, 2020, 1-14.
- Sectorial transition dilemma of smallholder grain farmersto light manufacturing industry in Jimma zone, Oromiaregional state, Ethiopia. Tesfaye Melaku MERRA, Leta SERA and Endeg TEKALEGN. International Journal of Commerce and Finance, Vol. 5, Issue 2, 2019, 45-62.
- Sectorial Transition Dilemma of Smallholder Coffee Farmers to Light Manufacturing Industry in Jimma Zone, Oromia Region, Ethiopia. Endeg Tekalign, Dr. Leta Sera and Mr. Tesfaye Melaku. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 8, Issue 11, November 2018ISSN 2250-3153.
- Determinants of Economic Growth in Ethiopia: Evidence from ARDL Approach Analysis. Mr. Minyahil Alemu, Dr. Leta Sera and Mr. Wondimu Shenkore. Developing Country Studies ISSN 2224-607X (Paper) ISSN 2225-0565 (Online) DOI: 10.7176/DCS Vol.9, No.1, 2019.
- Determinants of production performance of Wonji Shoa Sugar Factory. LAP LAMBERT Academic publishing. Saarbrucken, Germany. 2012.
- Impact of International Remittances on Poverty Reduction in. South-West Ethiopian: Evidence from Jimma Zone. By Jibril Haji & Leta Sera. Global Journal of Management and Business Research: B Economics and Commerce Volume 16 Issue 6 Version 1.0 Year 2016.
- MACROECONOMIC DETERMINANTS OF ECONOMIC GROWTH IN ETHIOPIA, Prof. T. Koteswara Rao and Leta Sera Bedada. International Journal of Advanced Research inManagement and Social Sciences. Vol. 6 | No. 5 | May 2017. ISSN: 2278-6236. Impact Factor: 6.943.
- WHAT CAN ETHIOPIA LEARN FROM THE EAST ASIAN COUNTRIES? A CASE STUDY. EPRA International Journal of Economic and Business Review. Volume - 5, Issue- 5, May 2017. Prof. T.Koteswara Rao and Mr. Leta Sera Bedada.
Membership in academic associations and academic related committee, councils, groups:
- Member of the College’s Academic Commission
- Member of the College’s Research and Ethical Review Board
- Member of Department of Economics Department Council
- Member of Ethiopian Economics Association
- P. O. Box: 378, Jimma University, Jimma, Ethiopia
- Office Tel.: 0472115586
- Cell Phone: 0922666671
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Skype leta-sera