Continuing and Distance Education
Duties and responsibilities
- Organizes, coordinates, and administers the Office of the Distance and Continuing Education programs of the college.
- Assesses whether the continuation of existing continuing, distance and short term programs are in line with the region’s and country’s needs,
- Periodically reviews of future programs and developments within the scope of continuing and distance education program of the college,
- Seeks appropriate ways and means to enable the distance and continuing education programs to be come self-supporting by charging appropriate tuition and service fees,
- Works with the Quality control & audit unit in ensuring the courses offered in the continuing education program are in accordance with academic standards set by colleges for the regular full-time-day program,
- Based on need assessment, encourages the introduction and development of distance education through correspondence and other means,
- Assures that distance and continuing education programs incomes and expenses are handled/ treated according to the financial regulations of the University.
- Prepares and submits annual academic, administration and financial report to the dean office.
- Coordinates the teaching learning process in collaboration with the respective departments and assess the proper implementation of the educational rules and regulations of the University.
- Advise CDE student on academic and administrative matters with concerned offices
- Handles files, statistics and records related to CDE activity and students
Mr. Yibeltal Ayalew Mengistu
BECO, Continuing and Distance Education Coordinator
- P. O. Box: 378
- Office Tel.: +251 471 12 32 13
- Cell Phone: +2519 79166990
- Fax: +25147-11-17828
- E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org