Admission to Undergraduate Program (Regular)
Responsible Organ for Admission:
- Admission at first year level to all undergraduate full-time studies is processed and granted by the Office of the Registrar and college OSA.
- Until the centralized placement of students by the Ministry of Education ceases and the University directly accepts and determines admissions, a student to be admitted to any undergraduate program to the university, he/she must satisfy the following minimum requirements
- He/she must complete Preparatory School education and obtain the necessary pass marks in the Ethiopian University Entrance Examination (EUEE) or when the Student completed his Secondary Education abroad, he/she must be with of equivalent academic achievements as determined by the Ministry.
- The Student must be able to produce evidence proving that he/she has the financial capacity to defray tuition expenses or he/she shall sign the Cost Sharing contract in accordance with the manner set by the Ministry of Education.
Admission With Advanced Standing
Admission to all undergraduate degree programs with advanced standing level or post basic BSc program is processed and granted through the University Registrar and the concerned admissions office, providing that the respective Academic Commission approves it. Given the availability of places, admission shall be on competitive basis.
Before graduating from an institution of Higher Learning, qualified students may apply for advanced standing admission, which is determined by the college concerned and registrar office:
- have successfully completed a minimum of one year of study in an institution of higher learning of equivalent standard with minimum CGPA of 2.00 or above;
- meet the special; requirements of the College/ Department they are applying for.
After Graduating from an institution of Higher Learning with a Diploma.Graduates holding diplomas from institutions of higher learning of similar standard may seek admission into the degree program of the University if they have:
- Minimum CGPA of 2.00 up on graduation
- Working experience in the intended field of study, where applicable;
- Favorable recommendations from their employers, where applicable;
- Secured source of fund, where applicable and
- The screening mechanism of such students shall be devised by the University,
Applicants registered in another recognized tertiary-level institution or programs may apply for advanced standing admission, provided the courses they have already taken are relevant or similar to the courses offered by the University.
Graduates with BSc, may apply for Medical School, provided that they meet the special criteria sated by the college:
- if they can produce a letter of permission and recommendation from their employing Organization and
- had a minimum CGPA of 2.5 on completing their first degree.
Admission of Post Basic
Admission of post basic shall be based on diploma level training, entrance exams and certification of work experience.
Admission to Continuing and Distance Education (CDE) Program
The same or similar regulations as in the regular degree and diploma programs may apply for admission into the Continuing Education Program. i.e.:
- Admission with Ethiopia University Entrance Examination (EUEE),
- ESLCE or foreign equivalent academic achievements
Admission of Part- time Students
- Students who would like to enroll on part-time basis could be allowed to attend classes of
- Regular undergraduate program for a degree. They must meet the admission requirements of
- The University and fulfill other requirements set by the regulation of the University.