An alumni association is an independent legal entity with relevant rights and obligations as identified by the governing body .on top this the establishment requires a professional approach .and that calls for a continuous and thorough discussions participating relevant stakeholders.
- General assembly of the organizing committee: hosted by university representative a general assembly will be held on December 27 (tahsas 18/2001E.C) in Addis Ababa; hall to be arranged by the university representative. Under this assembly sub committees will be established with respective tasks, to facilitate the establishment. the sub committees may include:-
- Legal issues sub: responsible for preparing the establishment document as well as the articles of association to be submitted to the ministry of justice.
- Web site issues sub: responsible for designing the website of the alumni association.
- Promotion sub: responsible for the promotional activities aimed at creating awareness and mobilization of prospective members.
- In addition an overall coordinator will be assigned to look over the progress of the above sub committees.
- Discussion on the first draft of the establishment document and articles of association: hosted by the overall coordinator selected organizing committee members will hold a meeting on March 6, 2009(yekatit 28/2001) (venue to be arranged by the organizing committee) to discuss on the first drafts for further refinement .this meeting will identify areas of the establishment document and articles of association to suggest for improvements if there are any that need so. A representative will also be sent to the university to discuss with relevant university officials on the first draft documents. The suggestions to be made by thereto will be given to the legal issues sub committee for consideration in finalizing the documents.
- Discussion on the final draft of the establishment document and articles of association: hosted by the overall coordinator all organizing committee members will hold a meeting on March 22, 2009(megabit13/2001) (venue to be arranged by the organizing committee) to discuss on the final drafts. The final draft will be approved by the organizing committee and will be referred to submission to the ministry of justice.
- Discussion on the decision of the ministry of justice: hosted by the overall coordinator selected organizing committee members will hold a meeting on the late April 2009 (venue to be arranged by the organizing committee).
- Awareness creation workshop: after settling issues with the ministry of justice, the organizing committee will prepare a workshop in collaboration with Jimma University. Depending on the progress of the legal issues, this workshop will be held in the early may 2009 .venue to be prepared by Jimma University, the workshop will provide a Birdseye view of the essentials of the alumni; its objectives; functions; stakeholders and other general information to participants. Participants may include selected jimma university academic and administrative staff selected former graduates as well as selected students in the university.
Please go to http://www.ju.edu.et/alumni/register.php in order to become Jimma University Alumni Association