Well come to Jimma Univerity Registrar Office!
Jimma University Registrar Office is located on the main campus of Jimma University. It was established in 1986 as the office of registrar of Jimma Institute of Health Sciences. But in 1999 when Jimma Institute of Health Science was merged with Jimma College of Agriculture and became a university, the office was upgraded to the registrar office of the University. When the University underwent massive expansion, the office of the registrar opened six branch college offices of Student Affairs (OSA) and a continuing and distance education registrar unit. A list of these offices is given below
- Public Health and Medical Sciences College Students’ Affairs Office
- Engineering and Technology College Students’ Affairs Office
- Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine College Students’ Affairs Office
- Social Sciences and Law College Students’ Affairs Office
- Natural Sciences College Registrar Students’ Affairs Office
- Business and Economics College Students’ Affairs Office
- Continuing and Distance Education Registrar Unit
The Registrar office has very close relationship with these branch offices.
Duties and responsibilities
The university registrar office has various duties and responsibilities that range from preparing the academic calendar of the university to ensuring that all decisions of an academic nature are made pursuant to the University’s rules and regulations. In specific terms the office of the registrar’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Recruitment and registration of students according to the prepared plan of the university;
- Keeping academic records of students appropriately and systematically;
- Receiving admission applications to the university and submitting these to the concerned colleges;
- Provision of student transcripts and credentials;
- Issuing, renewing and replacing, identification cards; and
- Preparing list of students recommended for graduation and submits to the Senate for approval.