BSc in Dentistry
To be eligible for admission to the curriculum leading to the degree of Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) a candidate shall full fill the followings.
• Meet the set criteria required to join higher education institutions and Ministry of education’s rules.
• The student that is joining the program should be physically and mentally healthy to complete the DMD program.
• Be committed to serve the community
The committee of admission, which bases its decision on consideration of the rule and the regulation of Jimma University, selected student. The minimum requirements to enter in the department of dentistry must follow the admission standard of the university. The academic commission of collage of public health and medical science shall decide on the number of seats for each year and priority should be given for female
For the advance standing student, applicant must additionally fulfill the following
• Graduate with bachelors from government dental therapist school
• Graduate with B.Sc in health and biomedical science
• minimum CGPA of 2.75 upon graduation
• working experience in a relevant field ( a minimum of 2 years )
• favorable recommendation from their employers
• exemption will be according to the university exemption rule
• they will be regular(day time) student
• maximum of 5% in one batch
Students of dentistry department must complete all course with out “D” and “F” grades
They have to finish their attachments during intern ship without “D” and “F”
The student should be disciplined.
Ismail Darout (Dr)
Head, Department of Dentistry
E-mail: idarout1959@ gmail.com
Cell: +251 917 830000