Berhanu Belay Abunie
Name: Berhanu Belay Abunie
Academic Rank : Associate Professor(PhD)
Filed of specialization : Animal Genetics and Breeding
Research interest :
- Evaluation of Crossbreeding programs
- Characterization of indigenous domestic animals
- Livestock production systems study
List of Publications :
- Berhanu Belay and Aynalem Haile (2010). The Survivability of Lambs Under Village Management Condition: The Case Around Jimma, Ethiopia. Livestock research for Rural Development, 23 (04), 2011.
- Fassil Kelemework, Berhanu Belay, Bernard Bett and Tom Randolph (2010). Alignment of poultry sector actors with Avian influenza control in Ethiopia. A paper was also presented in the 5th All African Animal Agriculture conference held from October 25-28, 2010, Addis Ababa Ethiopia.
- Fassil Kelemework, Berhanu Belay, Bernard Bett and Tom Randolph (2010). Alignment of poultry sector actors with Avian influenza control in Ethiopia. African/ Indonesia Team working paper 30, October 10, 2011.http://www.ifpri.org/sites/default/files/publications/hpaiwp32_ethiopia.pdf
- Berhanu Belay, Chali Jira, Waktole Sori and Amare Derbwe. 2010. Overview of the research, community based education policy of Jimma University. Paper presented to the Annual research conference of Jimma, University, Feb 13-14, 2010.
- Wassihun Hassen and Berhanu Belay, 2010. Evaluation of production and reproduction performance of Holstein-Friesian Cross bred dairy cows in Jimma University College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine. Paper presented to the Annual research conference of Jimma University, April 9-10,201
- Beranu Belay and Aynalem Haile (2009. Reproductive Performance of Traditionally Managed Sheep in the Southwestern Part of Ethiopia. Livestock research for Rural Development, 21 (9), 2009.
- Berhanu Belay and Aynalem Haile (2009). Factors Affecting Growth Performance of Sheep in the South Western Part of Ethiopia Under Village Management Condition. Livestock Research and Rural Developmen, 21(11), 2009
- Berhanu Belay (2008). Growth and egg production performance of local ecotypes of chicken collected in the South Western part of Ethiopia. Ethiopian Journal of Animal Production. 8(1): 85-93.
- Berhanu Belay (1998). Traditional Sheep Management and Production Situation in South Western Part of Ethiopia. Paper presented on Annual conference of British Society of Animal livelihoods, Setting Research Agenda for Animal Sciences, Nairobi, Kenya, 27-30, January 1998.
- Berhanu Belay (1998). The Status of oxen traction in the South western part of Ethiopia. Paper presented in the first national oxen traction workshop. Jan, 25-27, Ethiopia . Pp. 125-131.
- Berhanu Belay (1996). Traditional Sheep Management and Production Situation in South Western Part of Ethiopia. Paper presented at the Fourth Conference of Ethiopian Society of Animal Production.
- Mtenga, L.A., Kifaro, G.C., and Berhanu Belay. 1992. Studies on factors affecting reproductive performance and mortality rates of Small East African goats and their Crosses. Proceeding of the second Biennial conference of the African , Small Ruminant Research Net work, Arusha, Tanzania, 7-11, December 1992
- Berhanu Belay,L.A. Mtenga and G.C. Kifaro (1992). Pre-weaning and post weaning growth performance of the Small East African Goats and its Crosses. Bull. Anim. Prod. Afr. 41:81-87.
- Berhanu Belay, L.A. Mtenga and G.C.Kifaro (1991). Effects of genetic and non-genetic factors on pre-weaning and post-weaning growth performance of Small East African goats and their crosses. Proceeding of Tanzanian Society of Animal Production, Volume 18:20-32.
- Berhanu Belay, L.A. Mtenga, G.C. Kifaro and D.E. Daka(1991). Prediction of live weight and carcass composition in small ruminants. Paper presented at 9th Tanzania Veterinary Association, Dec.1991, Arusha, Tanzania.