Name: Ali Mohammed
Academic Rank : Assistant Professor
Field of Specialization : Horticulture/Postharvest
Research Interest : Post-harvest physiology, handling and processing of fruits, vegetables, coffee, tea and spices; value addition, extraction of bioactive compounds, waste management and utilization,
List of publications :
- Maru Ayenew, Derbew Belew, Ali Mohamed and Wondyifraw Tefera, 2011. Development of Simple Methods for the Determination of Optimum Stage of Maturity of Six Cultivars of Avocado (Persea americana Mill.) at Jimma, Southwest Ethiopia. Trends in Horticultural Research, 1: 12-19.
- Wossene G., Ali M. and Anteneh, N (2009). Effect of parchment and Soaking on seed germination and growth of seedlings.
- Girma Hailemicchael, Digafe Tilahun, Ali Mohammed, Derbew Belew and Amsalu Nebiyu. 2009. Effect of stage of maturity at harvest on quality of different ginger cultivars in Southwestern Ethiopia. Proceedings of the second biennial conference of Ethiopian Horticultural Society, Addis Ababa, Vol. II. 96-99.
- Kirubel Getachew, Nigussie Kassa*, Ali Mohammed. Quality of greenhouse roses (Rosa hybrida L.) as affected by height and stage of shoot bending and flower bud removal Jimma University College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine * Corresponding author: JUCAVM, P.O. Box 307, Jimma Ethiopia
- Biruk Mellesse, Nigussie Kassa and Ali Mohammed. Yield and quality of statice (Limonium sinuatum) as affected by cultivars and planting densities at Sululta, central highland of Ethiopia Jimma University College of Agriculture & Vet Medicine, P.O. Box 307, Jimma, Ethiopia
- Paschold, P.J.; Mohammed, A. Irrigas‚ - a new simple soil moisture sensor for irrigation scheduling. Zeitschrift für Bewässerungswirtschaft (Journal of Applied Irrigation Science) 38, p. 22-28, 2003.
- Girma Hailemichael, Ali Mohammed, Solomon Abate. 2011. The Progress, Success and Challenges of the Informal Seed System; a case of: Spices, Aromatic and Medicinal Plants. In Press
Mobile: 251 0917015114;
E-mail: Mail to Ali