Academic Rank : Assistant Prof.
Field of Specialization : Plant Tissue culture
Research interest : Tissue culture and genetic engineering of economically important crops
List of Publication :
- Aditi Kothari, Manju Sharma, Sumita Kachhawaha and SL Kothari (2008). Micronutrient optimization results into highly improved In Vitro plant regeneration in Kodo and Finger millets. Plant cell tissue and organ culture. 95; 105-112
- Manju Sharma , Aditi Kothari-Chajer , Swati Jagga-Chugh , S. L. Kothari(2011). Factors influencing Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated genetic transformation of Eleusine coracana (L.) Gaertn. Plant cell tissue and organ culture. 105:93-104
- Manju Sharma, Rohini Sahni and K. R. Koundal. (2004) Transformation of oil seed mustard Brassica juncea L. Czern & Coss cv. Pusajaikisan with snowdrop lectin gene”. Indian Journal of Biotechnology. 1:97-102.
- Manju Sharma and L. K. Pareek (1998) Direct shoot bud differentiation from leaf, shoot- tip and nodal segments taken from In vitro regenerated shoots of sesame. J of Phytol Research ; 161-163
Publications in Symposium proceedings
- Manju Sharma, Aditi Kothari and S. L. Kothari (2007) Standardization of Agrobacterium mediated genetic transformation protocol for some unexplored small millets. In; Proceedings of National Symposium on Plant Biotechnology; New Frontiers, Lucknow 18-20 November, 2005 pp 537-540 (Ed. A.K. Kukreja)
- Manju Sharma, Sunita Hinger and L. K. Pareek (2002) L- Glutamine improves In vitro shoot regeneration and multiplication in Seasame indicum L. In: proceedings of National Symposium on Role of plant tissue culture in Biodiversity conservation and Economic development and XXII meeting of PTCA, published by Gyanodaya Parakashan Nainital, India pp 145-152.
- Sunita Hinger, Manju Sharma And L. K. Pareek (2002) In vitro induction of multiple shoots from cotylendonary nodes of Vigna mungo (L.) Heeper. In: proceedings of National Symposium on Role of plant tissue culture in Biodiversity conservation and Economic development and XXII meeting of PTCA, published by Gyanodaya Parakashan Nainital, India pp 189-194
Reviews in Books :
- Aditi Kothari, Manju Sharma, Poonam Juniwal, Sumita Kachhawa and SL Kothari (2007) Recent advances in biotechnology of cereals and millet crops. In : Plant morphology and Biotechnology, edited by Trivedi PC, Aavishkar Publishers, Jaipur, India pp 336-368
- L.K.Pareek and Manju Sharma (2001) Bio-technological advances in Brassica. In: Plant Bio- Technology, Panima Publisher, New Delhi. pp -78-105(Ed. P.C. Trivedi)
- L.K. Pareek and Manju Sharma (2000) Role of growth additives and metabolic inhibitors in tissue culture of genus Brassica: An overview” In proceedings of National symposium on Current Trends in Bio- Technology and Plant Pathology, Sept. 21-22, 1995, Jaipur, Print well Publishers PP 125-133 (Ed.PC Trivedi)
- Modes of Schooling –Nothing much to choose between, Field Study conducted at an NGO Digantar funded by CARE India
Scientific Talks & Plays
- Have written scientific talks and plays for children and young people and conducted scientific quiz aired on All India Radio, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.