MSc in Veterinary Epidemiology
Objectives of the program
- To offer specialized training in epidemiology and preventive veterinary medicine leading to a Master of Veterinary Science degree in Veterinary Epidemiology that is based on modern concepts in population medicine and that improves skills of veterinarians in handling complex disease problems and ensures that the most appropriate course of action is taken to improve the health status of animal populations.
- To provide veterinarians (DVM) with up-to-date technical planning, management skill needed for research, teaching and specific development programs, private sector of the animal health care delivery and production systems.
- To strengthen the teaching activities and research capacities of the School of Veterinary Medicine of Jimma University and other institutions in Ethiopia.
A candidate must be a holder of a recognized DVM degree in Veterinary Medicine and related fields such as BSc in animal health, MD. A candidate should fulfill the requirements of SGS of Jimma University for admission
- Refer to JU senate legislation
- Preferably two years of work experience after obtaining the relevant Degree,
- A candidate submits a testimony of financial support and institutional affiliation.
- Letter of recommendations
Candidates who satisfy all the above requirements will be required to sit for entrance examinations.
Click here to download MSc in Veterinary Epidemiology Course Breakdown