Staff Individual List
Name: Abegaze Beyene Zelelew (PhD)
Academic Rank: Associate professor(PhD)
Filed of specialization: Animal nutrition (Animal Husbandry)
Research interest: Minerals, Its availability, metabolism ,content of toxic minerals in different natural rocks for farm animals.
List of Publications
- Kechero Yisehak, Kebede Biruk, Beyene Abegaze, Geert P. J. Janssens, 2014 (in press). Growth performance, nutrient digestibility and carcass evaluation of Bonga sheep fed tannin rich diet (Albizia gummifera) with or without polyethylene glycol. Tropical animal health and production-Springer (In press)
- Chufamo Belay, Kechero Yisehak, Bekele Mihreteab and Beyene Abegaze, 2013. Comparison of the Efficacy of Different Modes of Extraction of 5 Tannin Rich Plants on Haemonchus contortus: Searching for Indicators Based on A Range of In vitro assays. Global Veterinaria 11 (6): 759-766.
- T. Philimon, K. Yisehak, B. Abegaze, (2013 accepted). Characterization of beef cattle production systems in three selected woredas of east shewa zone, Ethiopia. African Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences (accepted).
- Yisehak, K., B. Biruk, Abegaze, G.P.J. Janssens, 2012. Effect of dietary inclusion of polyethylene glycol on in vivo and in vitro nutritional parameters for a tropical condensed tannin rich diet. Proceeding of the 16th Meeting of European Society of Veterinary and Comparative Nutrition (ESVCN), September 13-15, 2012, Bydgoszcz, Poland.
- The Feasibility of Using Natural Rocks as Sources of Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus in Livestock Feeding in Ethiopia
GJSFR (2014) Volume 14 Issue 3: 27-31.
Category: FOR Code: 070799· Added: Jun 11th, 2014 ·
- Ruminal Solubility and Effect of Calcite Powder Supplementation on Dairy Animal Performance
B. Abegaze, R.C. Chopra
GJSFR (2013 ) Volume 13 Issue 13: 49-57.
Category: FOR Code-860199, FOR Code-670105· Added: Dec 23rd, 2013 ·
- Studies on Distribution and Disappearance Pattern of Calcium from Calcite Powder and its Influence on Rumen Fermentation
Dr. Abegaze Beyene
GJSFR (2012) Volume 12 Issue 8: 49-58.
Category: FOR-100303· Added: Sep 4th, 2012 ·
- Possibility of using Calcite Powder as a Calcium Supplement for Livestock
Dr. Abegaze Beyene
GJSFR (2012) Volume 12 Issue 5: 43-47.
Category: FOR-079902· Added: May 5th, 2012 ·
- Current Status and Future Prospects of the Endangered Sheko Breed of Cattle (African Bos Taurus) in Ethiopia: A Review Paper
Tatek Woldu, Abegaz Beyene
GJSFR (2013 ) Volume 13 Issue 13: 13-18.
Category: FOR Code-070201 · Added: Dec 23, 2013 ·
- The Feasibility of Using Natural Rocks as Sources of Iron, Manganese and Copper in Livestock Feeding in Ethiopia
Abegaze Beyene α & Anne LeLacheur σ, Global Journal of Science Frontier Research: D Agriculture and Veterinary
Volume 15 Issue 5 Version 1.0 Year 2015
11. .Abegaze B. 1985. Milk productivity of different lines of Frisian breed cows (M.Sc Thesis).
12. Abegaze B. 1992. A dairy goat development scheme milk shortage of the peasant farmer and its solution in Jimma township area
13. Abegaze B.1995. Initiation of smalls call market oriented dairy farm aimed at poor urban women in jimma
14. Abegaze B. 1997. A teaching text for Dairy cattle and dairy goat production Jimma
15. Abegaze B. 1999. Dairy cattle production and management teaching text Jimma
16. Abegaze B. 2008. Utilization of calcium from calcite powder in dairy cattle (PhD Thesis).
Jimma University College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
P.O. Box 307, Jimma, Ethiopia