BSc Programme in Post Harvest Management
BSc in Post Harvest Management
- Candidates should fulfil the admission requirement for a natural science degree at Ethiopian higher education institutions.
- Advance standing students who graduated with diploma in the field of food sciences, horticulture, plant sciences, agricultural engineering, animal sciences, chemistry, biology, general agriculture and related disciplines from recognized institutions.
The B.Sc. graduates in post-harvest management will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and attitude needed in PHM of agricultural products. Thus the graduates will be capable of working in different public and private institutions and organizations as:
- Extension experts on post-harvest management;
- Professional trainers in post-harvest management of agricultural products;
- Assistant researchers of post-harvest management of agricultural products and related areas;
- Service providers and product developers of agricultural and value added products;
- Quality controllers and safety inspectors throughout the whole value chain of agricultural products;
- Policy advisors in various institutions working in post-harvest management of agricultural products;
- Entrepreneurs in post-harvest management of small and medium enterprises;
- Supervisors and managers in different organizations working in the areas of post-harvest management;
- Consultants in areas of post-harvest management; and
- Experts in identifying, planning, designing and managing post-harvest technologies.