Name:Chernet Hailu (BSc., MPH)
Academic rank:Lecturer (CN, Dip.MCH, BSN, MPH)
Field of Specialization:Public Health
1. Epidemiology of maternal and child health, public health nutrition and chronic diseases
2. Health system research
List of publications:
1. Hailu C., Dejene T., Tebeje B. BMI of Pregnant Women: Urban versus Rural Residents Jimma Zone, Oromiya Region, Southwest Ethiopia, March 2012 (unpublished report submitted to Senior Director for Research, CBE and Graduate studies, Jimma University)
2. Tebeje B., Hailu C. Assessment of HIV post-exposure prophylaxis use among
health workers of Governmental Health Institutions in Jimma Zone, Oromiya Region,
Southwest Ethiopia. EJHS, March 2010; 20(1): 55-64
3. Hailu, C. Infant Feeding in the Era of HIV: Assessment of knowledge, attitude &
practice among mothers about VCT and feeding of infants born to HIV positive
women, Jimma town, Ethiopia, 2005, VDM Publishing house-Berlin, 2010.
1. Hailu. C., Assegid S. Research Methodology Course Module for Undergraduate Health Science Students, Continuing and distance education program, Jimma University, October 2010.
2. Tema, T. and Hailu, C. Pediatric and child health Nursing for heath science
students, Upgraded Lecture note, Jimma University in collaboration with Carter
Center (EPHTI) and The Federal Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health of
Ethiopia, Sept. 2006.
Reviewer of the following teaching material:
1. W/Michael K., Derbew A., Assegid S., Alemseged F., Sena L. Basic Epidemiology Module for MPH students, Continuing and distance education program, Jimma University, May 2010.
P.O.Box:915 Jimma ,Ethiopia
Office Tel:+251 0471112587
Mobile: +251 0917800831
E-mail:Chernet_mengesha@yahoo.com / firstname.lastname@example.org