Masters in Adult Health Nursing
Program Objective The M.Sc. nursing program will enable the Adult health nursing specialty students to:
1. Integrate knowledge from other disciplines into the provision of advanced nursing practice.
2. Analyze concepts and theories, utilize in nursing practice and within selected areas of specializations.
3. Demonstrate advanced nursing practice in the selected areas of specialization.
4. Provide nursing care for individuals, families and communities following sound scientific ways of nursing process.
5. Demonstrate competence in the skills and techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles.
6. Participate as members of health team in the promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative health care delivery system of the country.
7. Demonstrate leadership qualities and decision-making abilities in various nursing positions.
8. Undertake nursing research and disseminate findings to improve nursing practice.
9. Develop clinical standards/protocol of practice in Adult Health Nursing in his/her area of practice.
10. Recognize the need for continued learning for personal relations and professional development.
11. Demonstrate skills in inter-personal relations, communication, and nursing leadership and management,
12. Demonstrate skills in developing curriculum and teaching in nursing education.
13. Practice professional standards and ethical values in their personal and professional life.
14. Utilize computerized health information system and technology in nursing education, practice, administration and research.
15. Develop, manage, and evaluate health care program in relation to nursing education, practice and research.
Upon completion of the M. Sc. nursing program, the graduates will be able to:
1. Identify and solve complex nursing problems by means of a variety of critical thinking at all health care settings.
2. Analyze and operationalize the nursing theories that form the bases for clinical nursing in variety of health care settings.
3. Practice as an autonomous clinical nurse specialist in clinical practice and decision making.
4. Act as a leader, role model, and expert and/ consultant in the health care team.
5. Demonstrate an insight in the scope of professional nursing practice.
6. Cooperate effectively with stakeholders, organized grouping, organizations or communities and negotiate as a member of heath care team.
7. Undertake nursing research; and interpret and implement research findings and other innovative suggestions.
8. Use the nursing process as framework for nursing care practice, which promotes maintains and / or restore optimum function of clients of their specialty area and in a variety of health care settings.
9. Apply ethical principles and moral reasoning to nursing care practice (Practice nursing in accordance with the professional code of ethics and professional standards of practice).
10. Supervise, guide and evaluate the practice of nursing professionals at various level of health care delivery system.
11. Actively participate in establishing standards of nursing practice and promote quality nursing care.
12. Promote planned change to improve nursing service delivery system.
13. Participate in inter-disciplinary collaboration, influence policy development.
14. Demonstrate awareness of own values and beliefs and respect for the rights and beliefs of others
15. Develop curriculum including the design, implementation and evaluation of it.
16. Continue learning for personal and professional enrichment