Master of Arts in History
The MA program endeavors to address the academic and non-academic interests of students, the community, governmental and non-governmental organizations. To this effect, it attempts to establish multifaceted partnership with other universities in the country and abroad and with local and national governments research institutes and others as the need arises in due course of time. As JU is located in the southwest of Ethiopia, due focus is given to graduate courses related to south, west and southwest part of the country.
MA in History
Applicants to the graduate programme are required to:
- have BA/B-Ed degree in History, Geography and Environmental Studies , Political Sciences and International Relations, Law, Civic and Ethics and able to provide official documents to attest this;
- have passing grade in senior essay or action research up on the completion of BA/B.Ed. ;
- produce letter of sponsorship( for sponsored students);
- produce letters of recommendation ;
- pass entrance exam given by the department or English test exam of the MoE and
- meet other requirements set by the department, JU or MoE in due course. .