Admission Criteria of Students
Only students who had successfully completed preparatory schools and passed entrance examination prepared by Ministry of Education for Universities shall be admitted. In general terms the department admits students as per the requirements of Ministry of Education.
Regular Undergraduate Program
The general objective of the program is to produce competent and responsive banking and finance professionals who can address the community's problems through innovative and practical means. Broadly speaking, to contribute for the development financial sector.
- To produce competent graduates with updated knowledge and skill in the field of Banking, Insurance and other Finance sectors.
- To fill the gap between the theory & practical aspects of Banking and Finance
- To produce professionals who provide consultancy service in the area of banking, insurance and other finance sector
- To create and develop linkage with various financial institutions such as Banks, insurance and other Finance companies and research institutions.
- Contribute to societal development through the training of responsive professionals and the conduct of high-quality relevant research.
Only students who had successfully completed preparatory schools and passed entrance examination which is prepared by Ministry of Education for Universities shall be admitted. In general terms the department admits students as per the requirements of Ministry of Education.
Graduates of the department are of special advantage to employers since they will have a profound knowledge in banking, insurance and other finance sectors and can handle duties assigned to them in all areas. They are capable of conducting economic and financial analysis required for sound decision-making .Project preparation; monitoring and evaluation activities are within their domain. They are able to conduct research activities in any institution. The comprehensive knowledge they acquire in all disciplines will highly qualify them to serve in financial institutions, NGO’s, Government and private business organizations.
Graduates of banking and finance are believed to be equipped with pertinent knowledge, skill and attitude in the following tasks:
- Capable of handling duties in microfinance institutions at various positions and can facilitate the establishment of microfinance institutions.
- Facilitates the operation of financial institutions and financial markets
- Capable of Working in Central banks, cooperative banks, rural banks, commercial banks and international banks.
- Capable of working in insurance companies like, Life insurance department officer, Inland and marine insurance officer, as an underwriter
- Advice and assist clients in business oriented project identification, evaluation and investment analysis.
- Graduates can create/design different business ventures as they acquire knowledge of Entrepreneurship
- Undertake researchers in impact assessment studies, in devising better ways of business and economic analysis.
- Capable of Working at revenue and customs to handle duties related to import and export.
- Capable of using information technology for exchanging information to deal with foreign exchange and financial issues
To graduate with BA Degree in Banking and Finance students must have:
- Cumulative GPA (CGPA) of not less than 2.00
- No “Fx”, "F","I" and "NG” grade in any of the prescribed course.
- Take 180 ECTS which is equal to previous 109 credit hours
Upon successful completion of the program the graduates will be awarded
- In English: “Bachelor of Arts Degree in Banking and Finance” will be awarded.