Jimma University Laboratory of Drug Quality (JuLaDQ)
The laboratory of drug quality of Jimma University (JuLaDQ) was established as part of IUC-JU collaborative research program between Jimma University and consortium of Flemish Universities from Belgium. The establishment began in collaboration with Laboratory of Drug Quality and Registration (DruQuaR) of Ghent University, 9000 Ghent, Belgium in 2009/10 and became operational since 2011. Since then, JuLaDQ became one of the founding laboratories for the Institute of biotechnology and pharmaceutical research of Jimma University.
JuLaDQ was established based on the analytical Quality-by-Design (QbD) approach and thus provision of quality analytical results is its prior philosophy. The laboratory activities are mainly focused on pharmaceutical quality testing service with particular emphasis on drugs for infectious diseases: neglected tropical diseases/STH, malaria, TB and HIV/AIDS. The laboratory has a well established quality system with clean and tidy laboratory environment, qualified personnel and equipments throughout the analytical lifecycle. JuLaDQ is equipped with high-tech analytical equipments including High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography, UV-Visible Spectrophotometer, water purification system (18.2 MΏ-cm high purity water quality levels), stability study, Dissolution study, Disintegration study, Friability study, different extraction systems.
The laboratory is also involved in research activities ranging from development and validation of high-tech analytical methods to real application for research, training and service.
HPLC equipments at JuLaDQ
After a symposium on Quality pharmaceutical Drugs: from order to patient.
Currently ongoing projects
- Evaluation of pharmaceutical regulatory approval process in Ethiopia
- Evaluation of pharmaceutical quality and information content of different essential drugs
- Development and validation of QC methods for pre-formulation and formulated drug products.
- Development and validation for stability indicating assay techniques with especial emphasis on essential drugs.
- Establishment of rational specifications for unidentified, not yet toxicity/efficacy characterized impurities., as well as develop QC methods
- Discovery of new therapeutic agents against infectious diseases with especial emphasis on TB/HIV, Malaria and STH.
- Natural product researches: bioassay, isolation and characterizations.
Jimma University Laboratory of Drug Quality (JuLaDQ), E-mail: email@example.com
Sultan Suleman: B.Pharm., M.Sc., (PhD), Asst. Professor, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
P. O. Box: 1925, Jimma, Ethiopia