Computing and Services Division
Established in 2009 with few programmers and one webmaster, this team is responsible for developing and maintaining automated services and environments; Undertaking system analysis and development; involving in software procurements and preparing quality control mechanisms for software are some of its responsibilities.
This division was included to the structure draft of the ICT Development Director Office aiming to meet the following objectives that would facilitate the teaching and learning process of the university, as part of ICT, and expand the knowledge among instructors and students of the university:
- Ensuring proper and timely delivery of computing services
- Developing quality computing service strategy, systems and procedures (Timely Delivery of Application Softwares, Websites and Software Specifications)
- Integrating ICT DDO to the various academic and administrative functions of the university
- Developing quality e-learning service strategy, systems and procedure
- Providing the optimum set of learning technologies and introduce e-learning
- Providing a reliable, secure and available administrative computing environment
- Preparing quality control mechanisms for software purchases.
- Performing other duties assigned by the Officer
The team is composed of:
- System Analyst/Programmers – responsible for system analysis and development and
- Webmasters – responsible for web based solutions
Click here to see the full staff profile of the unit.