Institute of Health Sciences Research, Jimma University
The Institute of Health Sciences Research (IHSR) aspires to be centre of excellence in health science research in the African region.
The mission of the institute is to contribute to the holistic development of the country by advancing excellence in health sciences research through integration of research, training and service. Hence, it undertakes multidisciplinary studies, supports and facilitates both teachers and students in their inquiry endeavour, offer training and work with all stakeholders to address societal problems.
- To enhance a research culture in the learning and teaching process
- Render support on research methods and analysis to senior students, staff and other partners
- Establish field-research and other relevant centres.
- By involving all partners, generate and manage community-based data
- Integrate and make concerted effort on research undertaking from molecular to population level to address national health issues.
- Provide training in health sciences in collaboration with other local, national and overseas organizations.
- Collaborate on joint educational and research projects with other local, national and overseas organizations
- Initiate and spearhead by itself and in collaboration with local, national and overseas organizations for mobilizing local and foreign research grants and donations to materialize the objectives of the institute
- Produce different goods and services to generate income
- Strengthen and expand the existing field research centre and organize research lab for medical research
- Publish and disseminate research findings to different audiences.
- Facilitate the undertakings of multidisciplinary basic and applied research.