Jimma University ADRC was established in 2005 in order to meet the following major objectives in the university.
- Promoting quality of education in the university through conducting quality assessment on academic programs and providing advisory services.
- Conducting staff development trainings to promote professional knowledge and skills of the academic staff.
- Providing resource services pertinent to the improvement of quality and relevance in the university
Structurally, the ADRC had three Sub- Units:
- The Quality Care unit- promoting quality education in the university through quality assessment, advice and research on academic programs
- The Professional Development Unit- conducting staff training to promote the professional skills of the academic staff
- The Resource unit- providing services and resources to support the teaching-learning process and to improve the quality and relevance of courses and programs.
Currently,the three centers ADRC, HDP and ELIC which have been independently functioning in the university system until currently are being unified as per the demands of the university. Although the three centers have different backgrounds and focus, they will work together towards the same aim of improving teaching and learning or for academic development.